Minutes December 2017

Wanstrow Parish Council Minutes Held on
11th December 2017

Present:     Richard Pelham, (Chair), Claire Knight, Michael Gay, Joe Cole, Sam Ingram, Wayne McKeown (took minutes), Roger Masters

  1. Chair’s Announcements.  The chair identified emergency exit and equipment.
  1. Public Access. None.        
  1. Apologies for absence. Geoff Andrews (Clerk), Dick Skidmore (MDC Council)
  1. Interests and Dispensations:

4-1       Disclosures of Interests. There were no disclosures of interest.

4-2       Dispensations. There were no requests for dispensation.

  1. Minutes

5-1       Minutes of the previous meeting.

5-2       Matters arising. WM to circulate County Fire report       

6-         Planning    There was a general discussion about potential light industrial development. It was agreed that PC would ask Mendip DC to clarify their policy, when RP & JC attend Planning Training at MDC Jan 10th.

6.2        Listed Building Consent 2017/2957/LBC   No further comment             

7-1       Finances

Payments; Payments for MCT bus contribution £56.92 were approved, also, Xmas tree £145, Village Hall Old People’s Party £200, Messy Church £100, Children’s Xmas party £100, Yarntime £350.

The payment to K Gale was deferred, as there was no amount stated.

7-2       Receipts: None

7-3       The reconciliation was not available.

7.4        Joe Cole raised a query over VAT related claims for 2014/15.                                                               

7-5       The Precept would be discussed further in January. ACTION: In addition, a separate meeting needs to be held to discuss PC responsibilities with regards to financial accounts and the community fund.

8-         Highways (including R’s of W) and maintenance

8-1       Joe Cole to write to Somerset Highways with regard to red road surfacing concerns at the village gateway (a draft was shown for councillors to approve).

8.?       SID installation programmed for New Year

8-4       Maintenance. Concern was raised over the ongoing issues with recent flooding at Tower View. ACTION Clerk to write to     Somerset highways requesting appropriate drainage survey and their proposals to rectify the matter.

  1.    Village Hall and Recreation Field 

9-1      Village Hall Report. Michael Gay confirmed that the re-fencing installation would be programmed for February

  1. Correspondence (not covered elsewhere on the agenda) None
  1. Other Business

11.1     Community Assets; PC and Clerk to ensure follow up with MDC.

11.2     Flooding update; see item 8-4 above       

11.3     Nov 2018 Beacon — PC agreed not to initiate.                                         

11.4     Grapevine- discussion deferred until Clerk present at next meeting.          

11-5     BroadbandNo new information.

11-6     Christmas Tree: Carol singing event is on 17th Dec at 5pm.

  1. Proposals for future business.

     A Finance meeting of Councillors (as discussed under 7-5 above).

13-1 Chair for the next meeting. As per agenda, Richard Pelham

  1. Date of next meeting. MONDAY 8th January

Signed Chairman.