Wanstrow Parish Council Minutes Held on
10th October 2017
Richard Pelham(Chairman) Michael Gay, Joe Cole, Wayne Mckeown, Roger Masters.
Members of the public: John Zamack and Bob Carnell representing Distgen Power
- Chairman’s Announcements. The chairman identified emergency exit and equipment.
- Public Access: Distgen representatives informed the Council of their intention to submit a planning application to increase the height of the wind turbine, at Landmarks Farm from 40 metres, hub height, to 65 metres. The blades would remain at 26metres diameter giving a proposed tip height of 78 metres. Richard Pelham advised them to consult with Yeovilton re radar interference.
- Apologies for absence. Sam Ingram and Claire Knight.
- Interests and Dispensations None.
4-1 Disclosures of Interests. None.
4-2 Dispensations. There were no requests for dispensation.
5-1 Minutes of the previous meeting: It was agreed that the minutes of the previous meeting represented an accurate record. Proposed by Joe Cole and seconded by Michael Gay. The chairman Richard Pelham signed them.
5-2 Matters arising: There were no matters arising.
6-1 There were no planning applications.
7-1 Payments: Payments were made to: Geoff Andrews for purchase of bulbs; Kevin Gale for grass cutting; the Village Hall for NHS medicals; Derek Mounty for grass cutting at Hunter’s Lodge; and MCT Community Bus.
7-2 Receipts: Somerset County Council £417.00 for SID training.
7-3 Bank Reconciliation for September not received.
8- Highways (including R’s of W) and maintenance
8-1 A359 Update. Verge maintenance by gateways needs to be arranged. Action the clerk. Concern was expressed over the red 30 mph road markings at the northern gateways. Action Joe Cole to write to SCC Highways.
8-2 SID camera has been ordered and awaiting delivery.
8-5 Maintenance. None.
- Village Hall and Recreation Field
9-1 Village Hall Report.
Michael Gay reported that the Harvest Shindig and the McMillan Coffee afternoon were both very successful. The Christmas Tree was still under consideration and would be discussed by the Village Hall Committee regarding its location.
10-1. Kiln Close would be the name of the new development at rear of Lilac Cottage.
- Other Business
11-1. The Community letter was approved by the Council. The letter was to be dated and copies posted on the notice boards. Action the clerk. The letter would be reviewed in 12 months.
11-2 Flooding. Action the clerk. Clerk to write to SCC Hydrologist enclosing Bob Sargent’s report and plan for Wanstrow. Also, to ask advice on suitable action and to suggest a possible visit.
11-3 Clerk’s review. No review needed but annual salary increases to be implemented appropriately.
11-4 Grant Thornton no longer auditor for Council’s accounts. New auditors to be appointed for 2018.
11-5 Application 2017/2188/PAA. Permitted development at Weston Town Farm. An application has been submitted but the Parish Council is not required to vote on this type of application.
11-6 Action the clerk. Write to Somerset Waste Partnership to lodge complain over low level of recycling collection in the village.
- Proposal for future business. None.
12-1 To elect chairman for the next meeting. Claire Knight will be Chairman for the next meeting as per chair rota.
13. Date of next meeting. The meeting closed at 9.25 pm. The next meeting will be held in the village hall at 7.45 pm on 13th.