Hiring_AgreementThe hall can be hired on an hourly basis at £20 per hour during the day from 9am to 6pm. Evenings run from 6pm to Midnight. Following an evening event the hall may be retained until 1am for clearing up.
Parties or other functions using full catering may request full use of the kitchen equipment, crockery and cutlery at a flat rate of £20.
The meeting room may be hired separately at £10 per hour. If the meeting room is in use, the main part can still be hired for a party, function, or business meeting by arrangement with the Hirings Secretary at £15 per hour. Activities such as fitness classes may also hire the main part of the hall separately .
The Hall has a premises licence to either sell or serve alcohol, but hirers must complete an alcohol licence application (see downloadable forms below) and submit it to the Trustees, who will send back a letter of permission. This is a condition of our licence required by Mendip District Council.
- Weddings have a separate charge and more information can be found here.
- Lower rates apply to charities and local parishioners.
- Please contact the hirings secretary, for further information or complete an online booking form with your details if you are interested in hiring the hall, and we will contact you to confirm availability. Please provide us with a contact telephone number in your email.
- You can find out if the hall is available on your chosen date by looking at our EVENTS DIARY, which we try to keep up to date.
- You can also find out how much the hall would cost you to hire by looking at our HIRE CHARGES below.
- Every hirer is required to read our Terms and Conditions of Hire, and to download and complete and send a signed Hiring Agreement to the Hirings Secretary with a cheque for at least 50% of the hire fee (balance due not less than one week before hire date). Until we receive this the hiring is not confirmed. Hirers may also pay by bank transfer.
|Daytime and evening (up to Midnight)||Meeting Room||£7/hr||£10/hr|
|Full use of kitchen||£20 extra||£20 extra|
As for residents + 1 hr. free on provision of charity number
|Setting-up and clearing-up time||
At hourly rate
|For weddings, social and evening functions the hall requires a damages deposit that will be banked and then returned after the event if the hall is left clean, tidy and there have been no damages.This should be paid in the form of a separate cheque at least one week before the event.|
50% of hiring fee
Hirings three hours or less
|To secure a booking 50% of the hire charge must be paid at the time of booking. The balance must be received not less than one week before the event. If a booking is cancelled before the date of hiring, and the Trustees are unable to arrange a replacement booking, the Hirer will be charged 50% of the original hire fee.
To reduce administration, we request FULL HIRE PAYMENT at time of booking, if three hours or less.
- Tea making facilities: Hourly rates for the meeting room and hall include basic use of kitchen for tea making at no extra charge.
- Full use of kitchen: Hirers requiring full use of the kitchen and its equipment with or without catering crockery (white bone china) and cutlery, pay an additional £20 flat rate.
- Parties: Hirers organising parties may only hire the whole hall unless the meeting room is in use.
- Residents rate*: To claim the residents rate the Hirer must be on the electoral role of the Parish of Wanstrow or Cloford, hiring for their personal, private use, and not hiring on behalf of any other person or organisation.
- Residents daytime reduction: There is a 50% reduction on hire charges for residents of the parish on daytime events such as children’s parties, clubs and other groups. A minimum charge of £7.50 per hour applies.